Nature Rambles - Serranía de Ronda
Nature holiday - small international group - West Andalusia
Springtime in the Serranía de Ronda is marvellous! Millions of flowers from over a thousand plant species, with endemics including Abies pinsapo the Ronda fir and many others. Raptors sail lazily overhead. As well as the flora and fauna, you will enjoy the beauty and variety of the landscapes: the curious karst formations, the peridotite 'rockeries', the wooded vales and the superb Atlantic coast.
ONE WEEK Activities: 4 rambles of 3-4 hours on foot and two of about 1h30, with visits of natural and historical interest; a day excursion to the Atlantic coast. Rambles on (sometimes steep) footpaths, a few 'off path' sections. Maximum denivellation +300m. Group 8 maximum. The activities may vary slightly according to the season, weather conditions, etc.
FULL BOARD seven nights in rooms for 2 at the hotel of Jubrique (rooms with bathroom).
PRICE 775 euros per person; single room supplement 135 euros.
OPTIONS: 8H individual Spanish course; supplement 95 euros. Reserve on booking.
2022 13-20 March, 3-10 April, 29 April-6 May (Fridays). PROGRAMME CANCELLED BECAUSE OF DAMAGE BY THE FIRE OF SEPTEMBER 2021.
ON THE PROGRAMME:
- Excursion to the Atlantic coast: storks, migrating birds, umbrella pines, relic 'Laurisilva'; the Roman fishing port of Baelo Claudia.
- The Riscos de Cartajima: strangely eroded limestone formations. Afternoon in Ronda, with our special topo-guide.
- Exploration of the Genal and Monarda valleys: Mediterranean forest, carnivorous plants, cork-oaks...
- Llano de Líbar: a fertile high plain (polje) surrounded by limestone summits, with a rich birdlife and vegetation including paeonies, geraniums, saxifrages, holm and Portuguese oaks.
- The 'rockeries' of peridotite of the Sierra Bermeja and its unique wood of pinsapos.
RENDEZVOUS Málaga, in the afternoon - choose a flight arriving before 15.30.
DISPERSAL Málaga, in the morning - choose a flight departing after 12.30.
Please contact us if you wish to arrive and depart by bus or train.
Location of this programme:
walking from Jubrique
Mar y Sierra West Andalusia / Huelva / Almería: Tabernas-Cabo de Gata
Xmas on the Costa de la Luz / New Year Natural Parks Cádiz / discovery weeks
walking: central Spain / Madrid-Segovia / northern Spain / festivals / historical journeys
for families or friends / Holiday index+calendar / Introduction in English / How to book / e-mail us
For holidays of Nature interest in other parts of Spain, see:
Natural Parks of Old Castile / Albarracín-Cuenca-Teruel / The Duero soriano / Mar y Sierra: Cantabria
'Discovery weeks' with shorter walks:
The land of lakes and storks / Almagro-La Mancha / Berlanga-Soria / Extremadura: Trujillo / Zafra
Candás-Costa Verde / Liérganes and Santander / Ciudad Rodrigo-Arribes del Duero / Ruta del Oro
... and NEW Segura-Júcar-Mundo