Christmas 2018 at Cordoba
Christmas and New Year weeks based in our favourite cities
All the local celebrations
Delicious local gastronomy and imaginative tapas
Special Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve dinner and evening
Easy guided walks, history, nature, music and seasonal celebrations small international group Cordoba
Location of this programme:
ONE WEEK Activities as below; evening music of 'zambombas', 'campanillas', 'coros rocieros', 'villancicos' and flamenco in the famous patios; 4 walks of 1h45-2h30 in the Sierra Morena and Guadalquivir valley. Group 10 maximum.
FULL BOARD EXCEPT 2 MEALS, rooms for two (private bathrooms), in a small hotel with a patio and terrace bar-restaurant, in an ideal situation in the old city centre, near the archaeological museum but away from the main tourist areas. Delicious Cordoban cuisine, salmorejo, succulent tapas and fresh Montilla wines.
PRICE 895 euros per person; single room supplement 175 euros.
Christmas 2018 Saturday 22-Saturday 29 December. FULLY BOOKED
RENDEZVOUS Málaga - choose a flight arriving before 14.00 for transfer to Cordoba
DISPERSAL Málaga - choose a flight departing after 15.30 for transfer from Cordoba.
DETAIL OF ACTIVITIES
- Christmas celebrations in full colour! In December, a good number of the Cordoban patios open their doors, ornamented with seasonal plants and decorations, to the sound of traditional Andalusian Christmas songs and music. Christmas market in the central Plaza de las Tendillas, with Christmas sweets and artisanal products from all over Spain.
- The monuments of Cordoba, from the Roman city (capital of Baetica) and the splendour of the Emirate and Caliphate, to the Renaissance and the present day... the mosque-cathedral, alcázar, caliphal baths, minarets, synagogue, San Bartolomé, Caballerizas Reales, Posada del Potro, Corredera square, noble houses, Roman bridge, temple and walls. The archaeological museum and the house-museums of Góngora and Julio Romero de Torres.
- the unique castillo caravanero fort of El Vacar
- walk in the Sierra de Hornachuelos natural park. Buffet picnic at the Ermita de San Abundio.
- the fabulous ruins of Madinat al-Zahra, city-palace of the Caliphs. The protocol of a state visit in the 10th century!
- the Vía Verde of the Guadiato Valley between Peñarroya-Pueblonuevo and Bélmez, once the scene of some of Spain's richest mining activity. Buffet picnic at a former station
- Las Ermitas: 13 singular hermitages which form a unique viewpoint over Cordoba
- Trassierra: from the wooded valleys of the Fuente del Elefante... to the picturesque village of Santa María, where Góngora was parish priest for a while
- to the east of Cordoba in the Guadalquivir plains: the mudéjar tower of El Carpio, the delightful old town of Montoro and the riverside walk of the Soto de Algallarín.
Al-Andalus (Granada & Cordoba patios) / Mar y Sierra Zambombas (festive Jerez & Cordoba)
Caliphs of Cordoba (walking) / New Year 2018-19 at Trujillo / Lucena Theatre Festival
Bienal de Flamenco, Seville / Jerez Flamenco Festival / Almagro Theatre / Ciudad Rodrigo Theatre
walking: Mar y Sierra: West Andalusia / from Jubrique / La Rioja / central Spain / northern Spain
Discovery: Almagro-La Mancha / Berlanga-Soria / Jaén / Candas-Costa Verde / Liérganes & Santander
Two centre discovery: Ciudad Rodrigo & Arribes del Duero / Ruta del Oro / Extremaduran Kaleidoscope
for families or friends / Holiday index+calendar / Introduction in English / How to book / e-mail us