Flamenco festivals in Andalusia
at JEREZ (February-March) and SEVILLE...
Biennial Festival of the Flamenco Arts, Seville
For all 'aficionados'... an exceptional, unmissable event! Every second September, 'cantaores', 'bailaores', guitarists and actors of the flamenco world invade Seville. Much of the programme is created specially for the 'Bienal'... song, dance, guitar, theatre and interdisciplinary pieces... an intriguing mix of the traditional and the experimental, featuring Spain's foremost flamenco artists. During the day, we visit all the most interesting parts of Seville, as well as taking two excursions, one to the Huelva coast, and the other in the agricultural lands of the Guadalquivir valley and the oak forests and dehesas of the Sierra de Aracena.
IMPORTANT: we must receive bookings for the 'Bienal' by 2 April 2018.
ONE WEEK in hotel (rooms for two with bathroom) in the historic Barrio de Santa Cruz, near the Cathedral, Alcázares and numerous bars with delicious and original tapas! Group 10 maximum.
MEALS INCLUDED: 5 breakfasts and 8 lunches/dinners.
PRICE 1125 euros per person; single room supplement 195 euros.
2018 22-29 September.
RENDEZVOUS Seville, 18.30 in the hall of our hotel.
DISPERSAL Seville, in the morning - book a flight departing after 12.30.
Location of this programme:
FESTIVAL: five evenings of flamenco
DAYTIME VISITS and EXCURSIONS:
history of Seville
- Roman Hispalis: Caños de Carmona, Los Mármoles, Antiquarium
- Emiral and Caliphal Ishbiliya (C9-11): El Salvador
- Almohad (C12): Giralda, Torre de Oro, Patio del Yeso, walls
- Mudéjar: Alcázar, Convento de Santa Paula, C14 churches, new museum
- Gothic and Renaissance architecture: cathedral, city hall...
- Columbus and the New World: former port, Indies Archive, La Magdalena
- The Baroque of Leonardo de Figueroa: churches, Palacio de San Telmo
- María Luisa Park; fine arts, folk and archaeological museums
- Neomudéjar: buildings of Anibal González and José Espiau
the streets of old Seville
- El Centro, El Arenal, Barrio de Santa Cruz, Barrio de la Macarena, Triana
Day excursion to the Atlantic coast
- the Columbus heritage: Moguer, Palos de la Frontera, La Rábida
- the little walled town of Niebla, ancient capital of the Algarve
NEW day excursion to the fortified towns
- Carmona: four thousand years of history
- Alcalá de Guadaira: a massive Almohad fortress protecting Seville.
NEW day excursion to the Sierra de Aracena and Campiña de Huelva
- Almonaster la Real and Riotinto, including a ride on the miners' train.
Jerez Flamenco Festival / Lucena Theatre Festival / Almagro Theatre Festival / Ciudad Rodrigo Festival
Al-Andalus (festive Granada and Cordoba patios) / Mar y Sierra Zambombas (Jerez & Cordoba)
Discovery: Almagro-La Mancha / Berlanga-Soria / Jaén / Candas-Costa Verde / Liérganes & Santander
Two centre discovery: Ciudad Rodrigo & Arribes del Duero / Ruta del Oro / Extremaduran Kaleidoscope
Mar y Sierra: West Andalusia / walking from Jubrique / other walking Andalusia / central Spain / La Rioja
northern Spain / historical journeys / Xmas 2018 at Cordoba / New Year 18-19 at Trujillo / nature rambles
for families or friends / Holiday index+calendar / Introduction in English / How to book / e-mail us